Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: d2.vu (demonoid?)

1. #26 invitation please 
    Junior Member mickey88's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tlazy Click here to enlarge
    Does anyone think that the new d2.vu torrent site is legitimate (That's the address: d2.vu)? It uses the old demonoid database. There are a couple of articles about it on Torrentfreak.

My old demonoid password didn't work, but I was sent a new one by email and I logged in. It looks just like the old site, except the background is orange and it has a new emblem.

The things that concern me are: None of the old 'owners' or moderators (as much as they were) are involved. There have been a few new torrents uploaded, but nothing for over a week, and there are no comments on any of the new torrents. Also, unlike demonoid, there is no tracker; I guess the torrents are from other trackers (?).

So any thoughts about this?
    does anyone have an invite they could send me please

VIP Member boogyboi's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

I may be wrong but I think I read that d2(dot)vu is not offering invitation codes yet. I think they say that until the site is fully functional & all or most bugs are cleared, that only original members can sign in with original logins.

So to those asking, I dont think there are codes to give...

EDIT: I went back to reread the info regarding membership & as I thought, there are no codes available. This is cut from the front page of d2(dot)vu...

"For the foreseeable future d2.vu will remain a semi-private beta site and no new invitations to join will be issued until we are certain that the system is stable."

A former uploader Shastadad's Avatar Thailand
    Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mickey88 Click here to enlarge
    does anyone have an invite they could send me please
    Your first post here at Bolt.cd and it is as request for an invite, sorry, but will hold off till you have a record of participation here. Anyone giving you an invite is responsible for your actions. That is why we have our rules, like this one:

A. GENERAL RULES

10. Asking, begging, bartering for filehost accounts, reputation points and anything else is not allowed. Links are to be shared, not exchanged.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shastadad For This Useful Post:

Supreme Member kenny8's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

Can anyone see any new torrents on there? It always seems to be a couple of weeks old to me

Senior Member tlazy's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

As pointed out earlier:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RS-MMC Click here to enlarge
    The latest torrents I can see are from today. The script isn't sorting the results correctly, if you click on next the date goes up. The results for today are 351-400.
    It's now up to 501-550.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tlazy For This Useful Post:

Member audeo's Avatar United-States
    Thanks
    My login worked too! Some of the things that showed up in a search show as uploaded as far back as 2008. I wonder if they are slowly adding old torrents back. Lots of things from other sites still have the demoniod tracker, but the new site seems to have a variety of trackers, no new ones?

Wasn't there a forum on the old site? Didn't see one on D2.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to audeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As pointed out earlier:

It's now up to 501-550.
    Thanks, but still not updating here with Firefox

VIP Member jstorm's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

Thanks for the heads up - same as many others, old log in info worked like a charm.

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kenny8 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, but still not updating here with Firefox
    It works in reverse from the way demonoid did. The new posts were on the front page on Demonoid (1-50) and you went to the next page for the older posts. Now, the oldest posts (since d2.vu started) are on the front page and each page you advance has newer posts until you get to the most recent (601-650). After that are all the old demonoid posts. I don't know if the people running this realize that the list is reversed. If it wasn't intentional, I wish they'd fix it. If it was intentional, I wish they'd change it back. Click here to enlarge

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlazy For This Useful Post:

Senior Member greyhawk3's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

It works in reverse from the way demonoid did. The new posts were on the front page on Demonoid (1-50) and you went to the next page for the older posts. Now, the oldest posts (since d2.vu started) are on the front page and each page you advance has newer posts until you get to the most recent (601-650). After that are all the old demonoid posts. I don't know if the people running this realize that the list is reversed. If it wasn't intentional, I wish they'd fix it. If it was intentional, I wish they'd change it back. Click here to enlarge
    You're a little late dude ! Click here to enlarge I kept refreshing the page over the last few days and saw no change. Anyway, the list order thing must be a mistake.

As you saw, when you click past 600, the listing rolls back to items from Jan 2012. The ops appear to have restored much of the orig database. As a test, I did a search for the movie Battle Los Angeles and several oldies are listed, but the seed/leech stats are bogus. Obviously, they haven't scraped in a long while. The 1st few d/ls I've attempted show trackers (like from 1337x.org) that haven't existed for a year or more.

Progress is progress. I just hope they can make it back to full operating status.

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by greyhawk3 Click here to enlarge
    You're a little late dude !
    I don't know what you mean by saying that I'm a little late. Even though someone explained it before, it is obvious by the comments that not everyone understands where the new posts are located. So I explained it again. I don't see how that makes me late for anything.

Advanced Member CelluloidJunkie's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

I logged in using my old sn and password and my uploads from a couple years ago were still there. I downloaded a collection of books that was about 2 years old and it worked fine. No virus or malware alerts. I did not download any executables, though.

I've used it twice and had no problems with it, it's just a bit slow because it's not well seeded. I also noticed when I seeded the files I downloaded that my connection was on again - off again. I use uTorrent and the "seeding" bar would flicker green and red all the time. I couldn't tell if it was disconnected or there just weren't any requests coming in, but over a period of several days I managed to seed the files to 7:1 + so something is happening there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    WA DA
    FUQ?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CelluloidJunkie For This Useful Post:

Supreme Member nietzsche2's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

was able to login using old login, wonder why no demon icon, that thing was as well known as windows icon. i guess time will tell.....

Senior Member greyhawk3's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

The site is still broken (ie. the main torrent display doesn't sort newest to oldest), but I was able to d/l something ! By looking at the Top Torrents list, I found quite a bit that's still being seeded adequately. Browsing around the list, I found a couple users that appear to be actively posting via d2.vu.

Maybe the admins/mods are taking their time about getting it fully operational, to see if someone is still interested in coming after them...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to greyhawk3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Friends Please give me d2.vu invitation code.

Junior Member emjay2001's Avatar Canada
    Thanks
    Hm...I just logged in for the first time in months and it looks like they fixed the sorting. I am not sure if it is safe to use though.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to emjay2001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Still looks odd to me. Everything has one and only one seeder?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to kenny8 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Neolantis's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kenny8 Click here to enlarge
    Still looks odd to me. Everything has one and only one seeder?
    Same here, It does look odd.

Like everyone else, I logged in, same avatar and ratio over 2.

I finally got around to trying to upload/share today. On the last page where you get the tracker, the link wasn't provided.

I did some googling and found an old tutorial with a picture of the screen at demonoid, and it is just that one line (tracker link) missing.

So, it seems just a bit off. Maybe they are taking their time in moving forward, but it does seem weird as mentioned earlier that many things to DL are with only one seed.

Lastly, I sent an email through the contact link...I am curious to see any reply.

Great site you have here, I am glad I found it...I will look around when I get home from work.

N.

Edit:
    My apologies for reviving an old thread, I just realised what I did when I saw the last post. Hopefully I added some content though. What I described is recent activity, which adds to this thread I think.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Neolantis For This Useful Post:

28. #44 AVG Detection at d2.vu 
    Elder paulkj001's Avatar Australia
    Thanks

Had a look at d2.vu and AVG blocked it trying to drop an exploit kit as I logged in.

Exploit JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2605)
    fbqni4f.flagdaychic.biz.....

The site recognised my old Demonoid login, got my 'Member since' correct and remembered my torrent ups. If you intend to use the site, make sure your AV software is right up-to-date.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to paulkj001 For This Useful Post:

Member cart's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

no invite code is needed for that site - it is not private like the old demonoid
    cheers

-cart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2