Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Rapid-Gator safe to subscribe to?

1. #1 Is Rapid-Gator safe to subscribe to? 
    VIP Member ScottH711's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

I've been finding quite a bit of things I want that are hosted at Rapid Gator. I'm a little nervous about putting my credit card information into the site. Does anyone use it ? Anyone recommend not using it?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScottH711 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I use PayPal to make payment.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to airlanes For This Useful Post:

Senior Member babybot's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

I'm feeling a little odd about Rapid gator right now. If you use it free, without an account, it appears to be rampant with malware pop-ups. I keep getting a pop-up window that only gives you one option... to click OKAY. It doesn't give you the option of canceling, saying no and even prevents you from closing your browser unless you choose force quit or click the pop-ups okay window. And you definitely don't want to click OKAY. As that leads to a host of bad things. If you click okay, your basically saying OKAY to allowing something nefarious and bad access to your computer. Me no likey.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybot For This Useful Post:

Advanced Member 314a1011's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by babybot Click here to enlarge
    I'm feeling a little odd about Rapid gator right now. If you use it free, without an account, it appears to be rampant with malware pop-ups. I keep getting a pop-up window that only gives you one option... to click OKAY. It doesn't give you the option of canceling, saying no and even prevents you from closing your browser unless you choose force quit or click the pop-ups okay window. And you definitely don't want to click OKAY. As that leads to a host of bad things. If you click okay, your basically saying OKAY to allowing something nefarious and bad access to your computer. Me no likey.
    I'm assuming that you must be using Explorer. I use Firefox and Ad Block must be working because I have never gotten a pop up on Rapid-gator. Firefox is so much safer because of Ad Block. When we got hacked a while back I just clicked to ignore the warning and had no problems with this board. As an experiment I tried accessing Bolt with IE and it immediately re-directed me to a phoney scare ware site. I quickly closed it out with Task Manager.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 314a1011 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member babybot's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

I'm using Google chrome and it also has a pop-up blocker built into the browser. But apparently there are ways or codes that can be written to get around pop-up blockers. Usually, I get a window like firefox that allows me to choose whether or not I want to accept pop-ups for a site. But I'm not getting that option with rapid gator for some reason.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybot For This Useful Post:

VIP Member jstorm's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

Same here - Firefox with AdBlock and I just used rapidgator for the first time with no pop ups or anything.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jstorm For This Useful Post:

Member ravenwing's Avatar Canada
    Thanks

It's getting discouraging as so many posters are using Rapidgator and, for me, it's a terrible experience trying to download from. I use the latest edition of Firefox and AdBlock but I still get the pop-ups. If I don't get pop-ups then I get blank pages that freeze things up until I force a shutdown of FF. I think my days on Bolt are numbered if this is going to be the host that uploaders choose.
    Don't take your organs to Heaven...Heaven knows we need them here...Donate Life, Be an Organ Donor!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ravenwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I can't download anything from RapidGator! I use FF/Ad Blocker so don't get any pop-ups, but every time I try to download anything, it keeps asking me if I want to overwrite a file called "Download", then when I say Yes, it just hangs and I get a "Temporary Error" message, then nothing at all. It's getting so that I can't download anything from Bolt any more - why aren't people using RS any more??

16. The Following User Says Thank You to surfy999 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member DaisyLane's Avatar Ireland
    Thanks
    I've downloaded from rapidgator as a free user a few times and havent really had any problems. I use internet explorer but have my security set pretty high and my pop up blocker on and it pretty much blocks everything. The download time is a little slow but that could also just be my internet provider, i've been having trouble with my download speeds on everything and it can vary between 12 mins to an hour to download a 1 hour tv show for me on rapidshare. Rapidgator seems to take about an hour for each tv show file.

I usually use rapidshare but with everything thats happening with it, its getting too hard to use anymore so im looking to switch to a new filehost. Problem is rapidgator and netload seem to be a subscrition service with no paypal option displayed so I really dont want to sign up for a subscription with my credit card.

I dont download a huge amount, pretty much just TV shows that I like to watch on a weekly basis that arent broadcast in my country yet. Sometimes i'll download a whole series or two in a day but that would be the extent of it.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to which filehost would be best, or at least allow paypal where I can cancel a subscription service relatively easily? Subscriptions on your credit card are an absolute nightmare to cancel.

Also one with a download manager like rapishare's one would be pretty handy.

Thanks in advance for any replies! Click here to enlarge

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaisyLane For This Useful Post:

Valued Member redryder41's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    It does not take Paypal. Use gift card it works.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by airlanes Click here to enlarge
    I use PayPal to make payment.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to redryder41 For This Useful Post:

VIP Member crapola's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

Firefox with NoScript and Adblock Plus, Seems to work for most.

Bit of a chore sometimes allowing a site you actually trust.

But what a shocker with some sites. Ive seen lists of 20+ sites and adverts for one webpage.
    Old, Fat, Boring.

I think I am the real Homer Simpson?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to crapola For This Useful Post:

Junior Member swaghole's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    I don't think you can use Paypal for RG. Only credit card.
    Does anyone know how the typical download speed is? Good or bad?

VIP Member Doc1762's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    I got a premium account with Rapidgator last night and downloaded a few Thursday night network television shows. Speed was acceptable but slower than Rapidshare but this might not be a fair comparison. I used Rapidshare with Jdownloader but Jdownloader doesn't work with Rapidgator. I downloaded by pasting into Firefox and did have a few programs downloading at once.

I'm going by memory and this isn't intended to be a true comparison, but as a ballpark figure I would say that a 30 minute television show (shorter with commercials cut) which previously downloaded in about three minutes with Rapidshare plus Jdownloader took around six minutes with Rapidgator in Firefox without a download manager program. As this is just ballpark by memory, don't take this to definitely mean it takes twice as long.

I emailed support at Rapidgator regarding Jdownloader not working. They said that Mipony or Internet Download Manager will work but I haven't had a chance to test this yet--I'm not at home where I usually download. I'm hoping that Rapidgator was slower due to not downloading with a download manager last night.

I ordered by credit card--I didn't see Paypal as a choice. Hopefully there won't be any problem with them having my credit card number, or with cancelling a recurring membership should I decide to. I do find it encouraging that they responded to my email question re Jdownloader as opposed to taking my money and ignoring a support question.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc1762 For This Useful Post:

Valued Member Lessaol's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

RG does not work with IDM link capture either (at least on IE). The reason is RG only answers to single link requests and does not support download on demand which is how IDM works. I signed up for a month, but will look at other options. My IDM is just about useless. There is just no way (that I can figure out) to queue links for continuous DL. You have to go to the RG page for each link. Once you hit the DL button on the site, IDM will pick up the DL, but you have to do that for each link. So a HD movie with a whole mess of links requires you to do each one separately.

A possible workaround for queue thing might be to start alll the links you want (one at a time) then stop all downloads once they are in IDM and then try putting them into the queue for continuous startup. But I don't know how RD is on restarting paused links. I'm still experimenting.

Not being able to capture a whole group of links at once is a real pain.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lessaol For This Useful Post:

Devoted User hisoka's Avatar France
    Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lessaol Click here to enlarge
    RG does not work with IDM link capture either (at least on IE). The reason is RG only answers to single link requests and does not support download on demand which is how IDM works. I signed up for a month, but will look at other options. My IDM is just about useless. There is just no way (that I can figure out) to queue links for continuous DL. You have to go to the RG page for each link. Once you hit the DL button on the site, IDM will pick up the DL, but you have to do that for each link. So a HD movie with a whole mess of links requires you to do each one separately.

A possible workaround for queue thing might be to start alll the links you want (one at a time) then stop all downloads once they are in IDM and then try putting them into the queue for continuous startup. But I don't know how RD is on restarting paused links. I'm still experimenting.

Not being able to capture a whole group of links at once is a real pain.
    the same pain here Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    If I get reincarnatedů. I wanna become a clam.

Thanks
    I subscribed to them a couple of months ago, no problems at all. Used a credit card but admittedly it has a small limit on it.

Download speeds were between 300-450 K per second. Sounds rubbish but thats the quickest i can get where i live anyway.

I might actually resubscribe to them again today, just for a month.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluejam For This Useful Post:

Elder deborahb's Avatar Wales
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bluejam Click here to enlarge
    I subscribed to them a couple of months ago, no problems at all. Used a credit card but admittedly it has a small limit on it.

Download speeds were between 300-450 K per second. Sounds rubbish but thats the quickest i can get where i live anyway.

I might actually resubscribe to them again today, just for a month.

The only thing that worried me is that they automatically rebill every month, what if you don't get on with them, would it be difficult to stop payments?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to deborahb For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deborahb Click here to enlarge
    The only thing that worried me is that they automatically rebill every month, what if you don't get on with them, would it be difficult to stop payments?

I've had a paid account with Rapidgator before and they were always above board & honest in my dealings with them. But should you ever decide to leave them, make sure you cancel your account properly so you won't be re-billed.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to KenPaul66 For This Useful Post:

Valued Member catjam's Avatar Scotland
    Thanks
    i do find it a bit odd that RG (or anyone) don't use paypal

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catjam For This Useful Post:

Elder ukbirdflu's Avatar Great-Britain
    Thanks

Reading the above posts, I wish to clarify a few things.

I use Jdownloader and it works with RG links. (although I heard some people having trouble with it)
    Speed with JD is as good as RS, again perhaps down to ISP, I use VM. I have a 60mbit connection and I can download at around 7mb.
    There a button you can unclick to stop automatic rebilling.
    RG has a daily download limit of 15 GB, RS is unlimited, but put a 30gb limit on uploaders outgoing traffic.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to ukbirdflu For This Useful Post:

Valued Member Blackcat16's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by swaghole Click here to enlarge
    I don't think you can use Paypal for RG. Only credit card.
    Does anyone know how the typical download speed is? Good or bad?
    TERRIBLE.

Thanks
    Rapidgator sucks.........

Junior Member mur8189's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ravinaziankid Click here to enlarge
    Rapidgator sucks.........
    Yes it does. I've used about 7-8 different file hosting services in the last 5 years. Rapidgator is the worst one I've dealt with for speed. I'm hoping this is just a temporary problem because they're probably getting slammed with more business since the Rapidshare debacle.

I got a 3 month subscription. I'm not anticipating any problems, but I put it on a credit card that has a small limit.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mur8189 For This Useful Post:

Elder ukbirdflu's Avatar Great-Britain
    Thanks

Speedwise for Rapidgator in view of the above posts, in my opinion, must relate to different ISP and where you are, if you indicate in your profile where you are then we may draw some conclusion as to the speed and location.

Thanks
    I'm in Australia and RG sucks, I'm getting speeds of 103kbs with a premium account.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to soundsville For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast