Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rapidshare Issues?

1. #1 Rapidshare Issues? 
    Valued Member Berksmickey's Avatar UK
    Thanks
    HI all

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but is there any news on rapidshare being super cautious again or something?

I hardly find any RS links that are still live even if only posted a day or so ago, and there seem to be more rapidgator or something else links popping up.....is RS dying out?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Berksmickey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Berksmickey Click here to enlarge
    HI all

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but is there any news on rapidshare being super cautious again or something?

I hardly find any RS links that are still live even if only posted a day or so ago, and there seem to be more rapidgator or something else links popping up.....is RS dying out?
    I'm having no problems finding what I want, but then again when a new host comes onboard it tends to get overpopulated with them (this time it's RG, before was FS and HF).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to morrison1 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member PJAmerica's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

Please Delete My Post.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PJAmerica For This Useful Post:

Junior Member IssyB's Avatar Scotland
    Thanks
    Could any of these problems be stopping me from uploading to rapidshare. I am a novice and have been as yet unable to get anything uploaded.

Senior Member marshall117's Avatar UK
    Thanks

No problems here either uploading or downloading from RS
    BTW
    UK

Bolt Elders BusterBob's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

Ive had no issues with DL from RS in US. However, Berksmickey's comment about the amount of rapidgator downloads here is valid. I've looked into rapidgator and they only pay uploaders for each 1,000 uploads. I feel that's while Bolt's Admin's made an error when allowing them status here. Plus I have an issue with all the rapidgator XXX window popups!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BusterBob For This Useful Post:

Supreme Member American2020's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BusterBob Click here to enlarge
    Ive had no issues with DL from RS in US. However, Berksmickey's comment about the amount of rapidgator downloads here is valid. I've looked into rapidgator and they only pay uploaders for each 1,000 uploads. I feel that's while Bolt's Admin's made an error when allowing them status here. Plus I have an issue with all the rapidgator XXX window popups!
    Try Adblock Plus in Firefox I have no problem downloading from Rapidgator with ABP activated

This Content Is Available To Members Only. Please Register Here

Back to the topic, no problems here downloading from Rapidshare. I saw yes some link there uploaded not time ago, and already been marked as illegal, but not much.
    IF YOU FIND ANY OF MY LINKS DOWN, LET ME KNOW SO I CAN RE-UPLOAD.
    SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE - THANKS
    http://bolt.cd/board/private.php?do=newpm&u=798901

12. The Following User Says Thank You to American2020 For This Useful Post:

A former uploader Shastadad's Avatar Thailand
    Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by IssyB Click here to enlarge
    Could any of these problems be stopping me from uploading to rapidshare. I am a novice and have been as yet unable to get anything uploaded.
    More likely what you are trying to upload is being blocked by Rapishare for copyright violations

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shastadad For This Useful Post:

Valued Member Berksmickey's Avatar UK
    Thanks
    Thanks all for the responses. Just to clarify it wasn't so much that i couldn't FIND the RS links i wanted, but more that they were being deleted by RS much quicker than previously observed, and i'm annoyed as i just recharged my rapids to now find its harder to get anything more than a couple of days old on RS

Thanks again all

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Berksmickey For This Useful Post:

VIP Member Caramel1812's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Berksmickey Click here to enlarge
    Thanks all for the responses. Just to clarify it wasn't so much that i couldn't FIND the RS links i wanted, but more that they were being deleted by RS much quicker than previously observed, and i'm annoyed as i just recharged my rapids to now find its harder to get anything more than a couple of days old on RS

Thanks again all
    I agree Click here to enlarge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ~Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.~

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caramel1812 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member DemonSpawn123's Avatar UK
    Thanks
    It's still the best file host out there, though

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonSpawn123 For This Useful Post:

Supreme Member Horsenut's Avatar White-private
    Thanks

Won't be for much longer, many have lost accounts and had massive deletions. Any account holding 100Gb plus is in for the chop, its just a matter of time till they get to you.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Horsenut For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well my account is currently storing just under 200g worth of content and Ive kept myself under the radar... mostly due to uploading for a niche market place, so to say.
    Ive kept well away from mainstream content, be it TV, Movies or music and outside of about 6 files Ive had no deletions dating back to 2009ish.
    Hotfile, Fileserve etc however routinely deleted content I had stored there, so Im still pretty happy with RS.
    Ive only today noticed a bit of content I was seeking was nolonger available through RS linkage, after being only a day or two old. Typically I'd say the next week or two will see a lot of files getting deleted, before RS reverts back to a business as usual mode.
    Just ride out the storm guys. ;)

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 220 For This Useful Post:

Valued Member hacker21's Avatar Ireland
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DemonSpawn123 Click here to enlarge
    Not at the moment, RS links being shot down all over the place, almost as soon as they're posted.
    Should change their name to RapidOffline for the meantime Click here to enlarge

Some links are my own and some are recycled, muchos grassy ass to original uploaders

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hacker21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DemonSpawn123 Click here to enlarge
    Not at the moment, RS links being shot down all over the place, almost as soon as they're posted.
    Should change their name to RapidOffline for the meantime Click here to enlarge

Some links are my own and some are recycled, muchos grassy ass to original uploaders

28. The Following User Says Thank You to hacker21 For This Useful Post:

It's the Answer kidhugs's Avatar UK
    Thanks
    not everybody's RS files are being deleted... if you look around the forum you'll see plenty - all different kinds and dates of upload.
    I am gradually replacing my links so just PM me for something of mine that you want,
    But don't forget to search for Kidhugs Telly Shows - Kidhugs VHS Music shows & Kidhugs Music Tape Transfers and
    Lost in the shuffle

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidhugs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kidhugs Click here to enlarge
    not everybody's RS files are being deleted... if you look around the forum you'll see plenty - all different kinds and dates of upload.
    but you've got to admit that links are going down pretty fast, since being introduced to RS quite a few years back, I cannot recall so many links offline so quickly

32. The Following User Says Thank You to hacker21 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member RADICAL_DUDE_33's Avatar Greece
    Thanks

I was having problems with RS well (i.e. problems: dead links everywhere!)
    Thanks for the info PJAmerica, 220 and all the others.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to RADICAL_DUDE_33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hacker21 Click here to enlarge
    but you've got to admit that links are going down pretty fast, since being introduced to RS quite a few years back, I cannot recall so many links offline so quickly
    and YOU'VE gotta admit that LOTS have changed since "quite a few years back"....

as always it depends a lot on what kinda links you're talking abut... many more people are now uploading/sharing the new exciting stuff than used to be the case... for the things I look for, the links stay there...
    I am gradually replacing my links so just PM me for something of mine that you want,
    But don't forget to search for Kidhugs Telly Shows - Kidhugs VHS Music shows & Kidhugs Music Tape Transfers and
    Lost in the shuffle

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidhugs For This Useful Post:

Member du2vye's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

I'm also finding dead RS links everywhere even when links were just posted. I read on one download site that RS was looking at files uploaded more than 100MB in size and canceling accounts that uploaded them. I don't know for sure because I don't have anything stored at RS right now.

Last year, RS spent quite a bit of money lobbying and probably increased it this year. One of the reasons they weren't listed as "rogue" like other file hosts was due to their promises to develop anti-piracy tools and they have a department actively scanning for infringing links (vs. waiting for requests to remove links per GEMA case). RS has obviously got something that gets around name, file size change or container used. I'm finding this is even with obscure content that no one used to bother with.

I have a hunch this is the way it is - at least until someone figures out what they are doing and how to get around it. That shouldn't take too long with the number of people it's affected.

RS still works best for me because my connection really sux at the moment.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to du2vye For This Useful Post:

Valued Member Dobin's Avatar UK
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kidhugs Click here to enlarge
    and YOU'VE gotta admit that LOTS have changed since "quite a few years back"....

as always it depends a lot on what kinda links you're talking abut... many more people are now uploading/sharing the new exciting stuff than used to be the case... for the things I look for, the links stay there...
    Now you have got me curious as to what you are downloading that is exciting and does not get deleted Click here to enlarge

Come on spill the beans !!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Dobin For This Useful Post:

Junior Member QuinnDexter's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    Yep lots of links are being taken down. However most stuff is usually reposted and I'm guessing RS is doing this to stay "compliant" with copyright rubbish. RS is a quality share provider which I'm happy to pay for and I'd rather they demonstrate to the evils that be that they care about filesharing...etc than be nuked and taken down. Just go with the flow..

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuinnDexter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dobin Click here to enlarge
    Now you have got me curious as to what you are downloading that is exciting and does not get deleted Click here to enlarge

Come on spill the beans !!
    well - clearly the stuff that I download isn't what the vast majority considers exciting.. but then again, almost everything I've uploaded these last few years is still there... just a boring old fart, I guess.
    Lost in the shuffle

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidhugs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    double post
    Lost in the shuffle

VIP Member leighlyons's Avatar UK
    Thanks

Hi

I have had the same problem, with files being dead with the message "copyright violation" two of thes happened today in the middle of down loading!

Can we protect this if we password protect our files being stored via RS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast