Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Show Cancellations & Renewals 2012-2013

VIP Member Mooky's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

What Happened In 2012? A Month By Month Review
    Part 5 - 3 of 3 posts
    May:

Cancelled TV Shows 2011-12 Season

Here is a list of last seasons cancellations 2011-12.

ABC
    Charlie's Angels
    Desperate Housewives
    Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    GCB
    Man Up!,
    Missing
    Pan Am
    The River
    Work It

CBS
    CSI: Miami
    A Gifted Man
    How To Be A Gentleman
    NYC 22
    Rob
    *Unforgettable - Not part of the 2012-13 primetime season should return summer 2013.

The CW
    H8R
    One Tree Hill
    Remodeled
    Ringer
    The Secret Circle

FOX
    Alcatraz
    Allen Gregory
    Breaking In
    The Finder
    House
    I Hate My Teenage Daughter
    Napoleon Dynamite
    Terra Nova

NBC
    Are You There, Chelsea?
    Awake
    Best Friends Forever
    Bent
    Chuck
    The Firm
    Free Agents
    Harry's Law
    The Playboy Club
    Prime Suspect

CABLE NETWORKS

HBO
    Bored To Death
    How To Make It In America
    Hung
    The Life And Times Of Tim Luck

USA
    In Plain Sight

LIFETIME
    Against the Wall

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Part 6
    June:

'Desperate Housewives' star Kathryn Joosten who played the feisty neighbour Karen McKluskey died at the age of 72 after a long battle with lung cancer. R.I.P.

"Spartacus: War Of The Damned" was cancelled by Starz.

"Longmire" wass the biggest original series premiere in A&E's history.

Season 3 Of "The Glades" off to a strong start as well on A&E.

SYFY Renewed 'Lost Girl' - Moving to Friday nights from Jan 2013.

Javafiend asked this question.
    Tuesday 8th May 2012 TV Show Ratings
    #7 Unforgettable (CBS) 2.0/5 10.7
    I know you addressed 'Unforgettable' before, but glancing through the ratings, that show's numbers seemed better than Parenthood and Body of Proof for virtually all episodes that aired on the same night and both of those got renewed. I know they are on different networks, but oftentimes 'Unforgettable' drew what seemed to be better numbers than The Good Wife on the same network. I guess this was the 18-49 demographic that killed it?
    I gave a more detailed answer back in June but to cover this from a slightly different angle. One word 'retention'. If you are a proven show in say a third or fourth season and will make you money through syndication sales , CBS would give your show the nod over a series which is doing better but has the number 1 & 2 dramas (The'NCIS' duo) such as 'Unforgettable'. It simply lost too many viewers from the previous lead in progs, and CBS's strategy wasn't 'Is it worth a second season? but will it get through to a fourth or fifth season or beyond. 'Unforgettable' will return in summer 2013 and if it does well could end up back on the primetime schedule in future seasons.

Deadline.com is running a poll the result so far says it all.
    Which network has the worst 2012-2013 primetime schedule?
    NBC
    49%

CW
    25%

ABC
    13%

CBS
    13%
    It wasn't just me lots of other people thought NBC would struggle this season. Only 1 cancellation so this season and the top network in 18-49 demo rankings.

'Weeds' was cancelled by SHOWTIME after 8 seasons.

'Dallas' reboot premiered on TNT. It was the number one show on all networks.

'Fairly Legal' ended it's second season on USA Network and the renewal or cancellation drama began.

HBO Pull "Game Of Thrones" "George W. Bush Decapitated Head" Episode
    HBO has pulled episode 10 season 1 of "Game of Thrones" which originally aired a year ago featuring a prosthetic decapitated head that resembled former President George W. Bush. The show will also edit the head from future airings and DVD releases, the network said.

'Falling Skies'
    returned to TNT with 4.4 million viewers. Good numbers.

'Desperate Housewives' Fans - 'Devious Maids' To Air On Lifetime Next Year
    "Devious Maids" was an ABC pilot drama I flagged months ago as a standout. ABC declined to pick it up for reasons which may have more to do with with one of "Housewives" former stars Nicollette Sheridan and a $6 million wrongful-termination suit against the shows creator Marc Cherry and ABC, the network behind "Desperate Housewives."
    I was almost "100% certain" that ABC would have picked it up as it would have been a ideal replacement for the Housewives Sunday night time slot which will now be taken by "Revenge". The long drawn out legal battle could have caused ABC to "pass" on "Devious Maids". Lifetime have been looking for new scripted dramas that fit in with their mainly female demo and 'Devious Maids' should do well for them.
    Canadian cop 'Rookie Blue' was renewed by ABC. CBS accused ABC of ripping off 'Big Brother' with 'The Glass House' then launch 'NYC 22'

Now Here's The Thing - "Rookie Blue" & "NYC 22" what's the difference?

Another one in my occasional series "Now Here's The Thing" CBS tried to sue ABC for "Borrowing the format of "Big Brother" on the flop reality show "The Glass House". Trust me, after only 2 eps I'm calling a cancellation of the ABC show by the end of this seasons run.

OK NYC 22 was cancelled after four eps and the rest of the series should be burned off in July & August but what was the difference between that show and "Rookie Blue"?

“Rookie Blue” (ABC) is a one-hour, original dramatic series that provides a candid look at the personal and professional lives of five rookie cops as they navigate their first years on the beat.

"NYC 22" (CBS)
    The series follows a diverse group of rookie New York City Police Department officers as they patrol the streets of Upper Manhattan.

CBS are quick to protect their shows. Perhaps ABC should have given them a taste of their own medicine when "NYC 22" first aired.
    'Rizzoli & Isles' 'Dallas' and 'Falling Skies' all score big for TNT. All three plus "Franklin & Bash" looked good for renewal. If you notice back in June there's no mention of 'Leverage'.

'Men At Work' renewed by TBS for a second season.

29-06-2012:
    NFL Moves Sunday Afternoon Kick Off Time - CBS Shows Ratings Affected By The Overrun?

CBS & FOX share Sunday afternoon NFL rights. The NFL are changing the kick off times which may impact on the CBS shows that follow them if they go into overtime. A ten minute overrun would push each show out to the extent that the 10pm show on CBS ('The Mentalist') will fall out of primetime. This may affect the 18-49 dollar demo rating however CBS won't punish 'The Mentalist' as they make a fortune from NFL. I should add this will only affect a few eps of The Mentalist.
    'Ten minute' overrun was an understatement. One episode of 'The Mentalist' was 53 minutes late! More on this later.

'Anger Management' premiered it's first 2 eps on FX and was the most watched original cable sitcom in history.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Member MDS0LDI3R's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    No! Click here to enlarge This is the first I heard that Leverage was canceled, I agree that the plot is thin in Season 5 but I really like the characters.. At least the season finale was done great(or I thought so) I really thought(NEVERMIND)..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MDS0LDI3R For This Useful Post:

Devoted User omaroo's Avatar UK
    Thanks

Mooky are you going to be opening a new thread on New Year's Day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3:16 FOREVER!
    HE'S HERE!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omaroo For This Useful Post:

Supreme Member wildhoney66's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

why should mooky start a new thread? my guess is that a NEW thread isn't needed just yet at least until next season that is.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wildhoney66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Part 8
    August:

Finally onto this thread.

'Perception' Renewed By TNT For A Second Season.

'Rizzoli & Isles' Renewed By TNT For Fourth Season

"The Closer" From TNT Bows Out In Style - Over 9 Million Viewers Watch The Series Finale.
    "Major Crimes" Series Premiere Off To A Good Start With 7.2 Million Viewers.

ABC Family Renews 'Melissa & Joey', 'Baby Daddy', & 'Switched at Birth'
    ABC Family Cancel 'Jane By Design'

Season Nine Of "The Office" Will Be The Final One.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted in the original Bolt Cancellation thread on 27th May 2012 - I wrote this as part of a kind of end of season report on the networks - This post was not copied from any other site:
    This Content Is Available To Members Only. Please Register Here
    FOX are the top network for the 8th consecutive season, I'm pretty certain this is the last season of their run. Most of their success has come down to American Idol posting mega ratings. The launch of rival shows "The X Factor" & "The Voice" may have caused viewer fatigue, Idol was down almost 30% on last season yet was still the top entertainment show. Next CBS should be number one as they host "The Superbowl" and once those numbers are added in unless a miracle happens at FOX, I can't see them winning for a ninth year.

To emphasise the importance of "The Superbowl" numbers, NBC overtook ABC by one tenth of a ratings point. Take out "The Superbowl" and NBC drops from a 2.5 rating to a 1.9 nearly 25% difference and would have put them 20% behind ABC.

Now I wrote that the above post in May, two months later the 23rd of July 2012 on Deadline.com Kevin Reilly the FOX Entertainment Chairman more or less confirmed what I had suspected.
    Despite declining American Idol ratings, Fox still won the 2011-12 season in adults 18-49, the network’s eight consecutive victory. But its streak may end next season, Reily said. “We may not win the season this year, but I can tell you at the very least it will be close,” he said, pointing that CBS will have both the NFL’s Super Bowl and AFC Championship Game.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22-08-2012:
    This is a snippet from The Hollywood Reporter.com
    CBS did well with the four of us as we praised the pilots to Elementary, the modern Sherlock Holmes take featuring Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. CBS’s scored again with Vegas, starring Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Jason O’Mara and Carrie-Ann Moss.
    NBC’s Revolution, from J.J. Abrams and company, also piqued a lot of interest .
    We covered those shows in detail last season.

USA Network acquired the rights for 'Modern Family' they ain't gonna be cheap. Cancellations on the horizon?

The cancelled AMC drama "The Killing" qas shopped around to other "content providers" with Netflix and DirecTV in talks about reviving the series.

'Continuum' Renewed For Season 2, Picked Up SYFY UK - U.S. SYFY Looking At Pick Up. We were one of the first sites to break this (Thanks to Omaroo once again).

27-08-2012:
    CBS should be number one as they host "The Superbowl" and once those numbers are added in unless a miracle happens at FOX, I can't see them winning for a ninth year.

This forum was two months ahead of Deadline & three months ahead of Variety on breaking that news, I try to provide as much original content as possible otherwise you would have to wait up to three months for "latest" news from the sites that are meant to give you the scoops.
    Javafiend asked about the chances of 'Fairly Legal' & 'Common Law' in previous seasons I would have nailed the call bang on with the info I provided but...
    All I can do is try and make sure I look at the different factors and the politics involved with each show. I will make wrong calls but so long as I make a strong case for a renewal/cancellation then if it goes against my shout, it's not too bad.
    It goes to show how hard cable shows are to gauge because very few blogs make decisions on them, but as you hopefully seen, we never back down from a challenge on this thread.
    Changes were taking place at USA Network and it's parent company NBC Universal now under Comcast's ownership. More later.

"Fame" Coming Back To TV - MGM TV & Nigel Lythgoe Will Develop Reboot.

Eddie Murphy & Shawn Ryan ("The Shield") To Develop "Beverly Hills Cop" TV Series

Eddie Murphy will be a recurring guest star in the series if it's picked up. He won't be the main star in the series.

My money is on FOX getting the series but only because of the way CBS operates. CBS would have been my first pick but their business model normally picks up shows made in house although there are quite a few exceptions. If CBS likes the pitch Murphy & Ryan make to them then it fits perfectly into their crime show and sitcom format and they will revert to my first choice.

FOX needs a hit drama and has a strong 18-49 audience. NBC, not in it's current state I'm afraid. ABC should stick to female audience leaning dramas, it would be hard to find a synergy with their Shonda Rhimes soap opera schedule.
    First impressions might appear to be hard on NBC & FOX in the above quote. NBC still hasn't got the one really strong scripted drama (ratings wise) that would stand up without support from 'The Voice'. Look at Shawn Ryan's last show 'Last Resort' where was that oh yes, ABC. One more thing FOX still needs a hot drama.

Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Renewed For Another 90 Episodes By FX

ABC Orders Marvel TV Pilot 'S.H.I.E.L.D'. - Joss Whedon To Direct? - Need to update as I haven't looked into the status of it lately.

I said this before the fall season started and once again was 'On the money' NBC on Monday nights?

30-08-2012:
    'Jersey Shore' Cancelled By MTV - Sixth Season Will Be The Last
    It is MTV's biggest show that's only been around for three years, yeah I know it seems longer and pulled in massive ratings and I don't normally cover reality shows but even though I've never watched it, would I have scheduled it, yep! I will go into more detail later.
    I've said in the past that every major network needs a smash scripted drama, sitcom, and a reality show to launch shows on the back off and I would have put 'Jersey Shore' on the network schedule. The reason is simple it has a huge 18-49 following which I would use as a lead in to launch scripted shows. You don't have to like the show so long as you watch the show after. The 'Shore' is not my cup of tea but I would have picked up the show. MTV did the right thing by ending it while it still had steam.
    Now perhaps E! would take a look at the Kardashians and then the world would be an even better place.....

31-08-2012:
    The networks relied too much on reality programming and could have tried to promote "real" television. If NBC has a ratings winner like "Americas Got Talent" then use it to promote new scripted shows which would follow on.
    'The Voice' as a lead in helped 'Revolution' become the fall seasons biggest new show by far.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by omaroo Click here to enlarge
    Mooky are you going to be opening a new thread on New Year's Day.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wildhoney66 Click here to enlarge
    my guess is that a NEW thread isn't needed just yet at least until next season that is.
    Good question. This thread is already too big due to my decision to combine the ratings but it has to run for a season as wildhoney66 said.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

why should mooky start a new thread? my guess is that a NEW thread isn't needed just yet at least until next season that is.
    Ok my bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HE'S HERE!!!

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mooky Click here to enlarge
    Good question. This thread is already too big due to my decision to combine the ratings but it has to run for a season as wildhoney66 said.
    Ok mate.

Do agree with the season needing to end first.

HE'S HERE!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to omaroo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanxs for the kind words. shows that'll be starting this month that i can think of off the top of my head. 'nessary roughness. and sorry about my bad spelling. "White Collar' these are shows i watch by the way. and "Dallas" i'm sure there are more but that's all i can think of at the top of my head.

and no harm done on asking about asking for a new thread.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wildhoney66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanxs for the kind words. shows that'll be starting this month that i can think of off the top of my head. 'nessary roughness. and sorry about my bad spelling. "White Collar' these are shows i watch by the way. and "Dallas" i'm sure there are more but that's all i can think of at the top of my head.

and no harm done on asking about asking for a new thread.
    Ye can't wait or white collar.

I think suits is also returning.

HE'S HERE!!!

Thanks

yes that one is also, i forgot about that. i knew i was missing one but i just could NOT think of which one?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to wildhoney66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yes that one is also, i forgot about that. i knew i was missing one but i just could NOT think of which one?
    Lol it's okay. It happens to all of us.

HE'S HERE!!!

Thanks

'Continuum's U.S. Premiere Joins The Returns Of 'Being Human' & 'Lost Girl' Monday 14 Jan On SYFY

'Continuum' originally aired in Canada on Showcase. The U.S. is a season behind. Season 2 will air in Canada later this year.
    Here's the press release from SYFY:

SYFY’S POWERFUL MONDAYS PROGRAMMING BLOCK KICKS OFF 2013 WITH SEASON THREE RETURNS OF HIT SERIES Being Human AND LOST GIRL

PREMIERE OF TIME-TRAVELING POLICE DRAMA CONTINUUM
    MONDAY, JANUARY 14 FROM 8-11PM

NEW YORK – January 2, 2013 – Syfy’s Powerful Mondays programming block returns on Monday, January 14, kicking off with the premiere of the new original series Continuum at 8PM (ET/PT), followed by the season three returns of hit programs Being Human at 9PM and Lost Girl at 10PM.

CONTINUUM – 8PM – The time-traveling police drama Continuum stars Rachel Nichols (Star Trek, Criminal Minds) as Kiera Cameron, a cop from the future who finds herself trapped in the present day. When a group of fanatical terrorists escapes their planned execution in 2077 by vaulting back in time to 2012, they inadvertently sweep along Kiera, a dedicated City Protective Services officer. With unexpected assistance from teen tech genius Alec Sadler, played by Erik Knudsen (Jericho, Scream 4), Kiera infiltrates the local police department and forms an uneasy alliance with her new partner, detective Carlos Fonnegra, portrayed by Victor Webster (Castle, Melrose Place). Though desperate to get back to her husband and son, Kiera concentrates on bringing down the terrorists before they change the course of history. Executive producers of Continuum are Simon Barry (The Art of War), Jeff King (Stargate SG-1, White Collar), Tom Rowe (Tin Man), Pat Williams (Smallville) and Reunion Pictures. The series premiere, “A Stitch in Time,” is written by Simon Barry and directed by Jon Cassar (24, Terra Nova).

BEING HUMAN – 9PM – Being Human stars Sam Witwer (Aidan), Meaghan Rath (Sally) and Sam Huntington (Josh) as three paranormal roommates (a vampire, ghost and werewolf) all trying to hold onto the remnants of their human lives while sharing each other’s secrets and a Boston brownstone. Kristen Hager, who has played Josh’s girlfriend Nora (also a werewolf) for the past two seasons, becomes a series regular this season.

The new season of Being Human picks up 15 months after the events of last season’s riveting finale which ended with Aidan buried alive as punishment from vampire leader Mother, Sally lost in a state of limbo, and Josh’s plot to kill Ray, his werewolf “maker,” endangering Nora instead. Season 3 features new and returning guest stars including Mark Pellegrino, Amy Aquino, Xander Berkeley, Bobby Campo and Kyle Schmid.

Being Human is a Muse Entertainment production in association with ZODIAK USA. It is based on the acclaimed series created by Toby Whithouse and produced by Touchpaper. Executive producers are Michael Prupas (The Kennedys, Pillars of the Earth), Anna Fricke (Men in Trees, Everwood) who is also showrunner and writer, Jeremy Carver (Supernatural), and Rob Pursey & Toby Whithouse. Irene Litinsky (Human Trafficking, The Phantom) is series producer.

LOST GIRL – 10PM – The victory in the final battle of Season 2 has created new alliances for Bo (series star Anna Silk) along with reinvigorating old enemies, like “The Morrigan,” played by Emmanuelle Vaugier (Two and a Half Men, Human Target), whom Bo crossed in an attempt to bring peace to the Faedom. Now Bo, who until now has refused to pick a side, will be forced to make a deadly decision. Among the guest stars will be Linda Hamilton (“Terminator”) and joining the Lost Girl cast this season is Rachel Skarsten (The Vow, Flashpoint) in a recurring role as “Tamsin,” a thrill-seeking, sexy new Fae who ruffles many feathers. Returning for season three are Kris Holden-Ried (The Tudors, Underworld 4) as “Dyson”; Ksenia Solo (Life Unexpected, Black Swan) as “Kenzi”; Zoie Palmer (The Guard, Instant Star) as “Lauren”; Rick Howland (Billable Hours, Murdoch Mysteries) as “Trick” and K.C. Collins (Owning Mahowny, Doomstown) as “Hale.” Lost Girl is a Prodigy Pictures Production in association with Shaw Media. Executive producers are Emily Andras, Plato Fountidakis, Paul Rapovski and Jay Firestone with Vanessa Piazza serving as a Co-Producer.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! Click here to enlarge
    I'm running behind schedule (even more than normal) I need to finish the round up of last year as I made the mistake of starting it and not realising how big the task was.
    The stuff such as what's on tonight & TV ratings might not be back until the weekend at the earliest as I try to catch up.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

'Continuum's U.S. Premiere Joins The Returns Of 'Being Human' & 'Lost Girl' Monday 14 Jan On SYFY

'Continuum' originally aired in Canada on Showcase. The U.S. is a season behind. Season 2 will air in Canada later this year.
    Here's the press release from SYFY:

SYFY’S POWERFUL MONDAYS PROGRAMMING BLOCK KICKS OFF 2013 WITH SEASON THREE RETURNS OF HIT SERIES Being Human AND LOST GIRL

PREMIERE OF TIME-TRAVELING POLICE DRAMA CONTINUUM
    MONDAY, JANUARY 14 FROM 8-11PM

NEW YORK – January 2, 2013 – Syfy’s Powerful Mondays programming block returns on Monday, January 14, kicking off with the premiere of the new original series Continuum at 8PM (ET/PT), followed by the season three returns of hit programs Being Human at 9PM and Lost Girl at 10PM.

CONTINUUM – 8PM – The time-traveling police drama Continuum stars Rachel Nichols (Star Trek, Criminal Minds) as Kiera Cameron, a cop from the future who finds herself trapped in the present day. When a group of fanatical terrorists escapes their planned execution in 2077 by vaulting back in time to 2012, they inadvertently sweep along Kiera, a dedicated City Protective Services officer. With unexpected assistance from teen tech genius Alec Sadler, played by Erik Knudsen (Jericho, Scream 4), Kiera infiltrates the local police department and forms an uneasy alliance with her new partner, detective Carlos Fonnegra, portrayed by Victor Webster (Castle, Melrose Place). Though desperate to get back to her husband and son, Kiera concentrates on bringing down the terrorists before they change the course of history. Executive producers of Continuum are Simon Barry (The Art of War), Jeff King (Stargate SG-1, White Collar), Tom Rowe (Tin Man), Pat Williams (Smallville) and Reunion Pictures. The series premiere, “A Stitch in Time,” is written by Simon Barry and directed by Jon Cassar (24, Terra Nova).

BEING HUMAN – 9PM – Being Human stars Sam Witwer (Aidan), Meaghan Rath (Sally) and Sam Huntington (Josh) as three paranormal roommates (a vampire, ghost and werewolf) all trying to hold onto the remnants of their human lives while sharing each other’s secrets and a Boston brownstone. Kristen Hager, who has played Josh’s girlfriend Nora (also a werewolf) for the past two seasons, becomes a series regular this season.

The new season of Being Human picks up 15 months after the events of last season’s riveting finale which ended with Aidan buried alive as punishment from vampire leader Mother, Sally lost in a state of limbo, and Josh’s plot to kill Ray, his werewolf “maker,” endangering Nora instead. Season 3 features new and returning guest stars including Mark Pellegrino, Amy Aquino, Xander Berkeley, Bobby Campo and Kyle Schmid.

Being Human is a Muse Entertainment production in association with ZODIAK USA. It is based on the acclaimed series created by Toby Whithouse and produced by Touchpaper. Executive producers are Michael Prupas (The Kennedys, Pillars of the Earth), Anna Fricke (Men in Trees, Everwood) who is also showrunner and writer, Jeremy Carver (Supernatural), and Rob Pursey & Toby Whithouse. Irene Litinsky (Human Trafficking, The Phantom) is series producer.

LOST GIRL – 10PM – The victory in the final battle of Season 2 has created new alliances for Bo (series star Anna Silk) along with reinvigorating old enemies, like “The Morrigan,” played by Emmanuelle Vaugier (Two and a Half Men, Human Target), whom Bo crossed in an attempt to bring peace to the Faedom. Now Bo, who until now has refused to pick a side, will be forced to make a deadly decision. Among the guest stars will be Linda Hamilton (“Terminator”) and joining the Lost Girl cast this season is Rachel Skarsten (The Vow, Flashpoint) in a recurring role as “Tamsin,” a thrill-seeking, sexy new Fae who ruffles many feathers. Returning for season three are Kris Holden-Ried (The Tudors, Underworld 4) as “Dyson”; Ksenia Solo (Life Unexpected, Black Swan) as “Kenzi”; Zoie Palmer (The Guard, Instant Star) as “Lauren”; Rick Howland (Billable Hours, Murdoch Mysteries) as “Trick” and K.C. Collins (Owning Mahowny, Doomstown) as “Hale.” Lost Girl is a Prodigy Pictures Production in association with Shaw Media. Executive producers are Emily Andras, Plato Fountidakis, Paul Rapovski and Jay Firestone with Vanessa Piazza serving as a Co-Producer.
    AWESOME!!!

Continuum and lost girl are back in couple of weeks.

Can't wait.

HE'S HERE!!!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to omaroo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! Click here to enlarge
    I'm running behind schedule (even more than normal) I need to finish the round up of last year as I made the mistake of starting it and not realising how big the task was.
    The stuff such as what's on tonight & TV ratings might not be back until the weekend at the earliest as I try to catch up.
    Happy new year mate.

Take your time, we all appreciate your effort.

HE'S HERE!!!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to omaroo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Part 9
    September 2012:

CBS Picked Up Pilot For Beverly Hills Cop TV Series
    Eddie Murphy & Shawn Ryan ("The Shield") To Develop "Beverly Hills Cop" TV Pilot.

"Sullivan & Son" Renewed For Second Season By TBS

"Saving Hope" Renewed For Second Season By CTV In Canada
    Final Two Eps From Season One Pulled By NBC in U.S.
    This is a first for me to announce what amounts to a renewal & a cancellation of the same show at the same time.

Once again we were well ahead of the pros.
    Originally posted on 18 05 2012 by Mooky:
    [QUOTE]NBC, ABC and FOX have launched a raft of new sitcoms often competing against each other, and there will be cancellations sooner rather than later in my opinion. NBC is turning itself into "Comedy Central" lite with something like 7 new sitcoms launching with no thought process going into scheduling.[/QUOTE]

The Hollywood Reporter 06 09 2012:
    Tuesday's Comedy Cluster: ABC, NBC and Fox are all expanding their comedy lineups this fall, and no other night is feeling the heat like Tuesday.
    TNT Ordered 'Troopers', 'King & Maxwell' and 'Legends' Pilots - I will check & update on the status.

What Is USA Network Up To?
    The press release from USA Network would never normally make it to this thread but, this was the last press release I can find from USA well, regarding anything.
    Now I have answered hundreds of questions in the last 11 months and the title of this post has well and truly stumped me.
    What is USA Network up to?
    I was asked what were the chances of 'Fairly Legal' and 'Common Law' being renewed. Now I was cautious but 'Burn Notice' and 'Suits' in fact most USA scripted shows haven't received a renewal or cancellation nod yet.
    Something was up more later.

NBC's Today Would Rather Talk about The Kardashian's Mom's Boob Implants Than Commemorate '9/11 Moment Of Silence'
    The only national general news program to not carry the '9/11' moment of silence was NBC’s ‘Today,” which aired an interview with “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star Kris Jenner, who talked about the new season of the reality show, and her breast implants. The Kardashians show is on E! owned by you guessed it, NBC/Comcast.
    My favorite headline of the year simply because I wrote it.Click here to enlarge
    12-09-2012
    'How Do You Solve A Problem Like The Big Bang Theory?'
    Re: 2 & A Half Men moving to 8.30pm Thursdays after 6 years in the 9pm Mon slot. CBS did this because no show has been able to hold onto the massive ratings of 'Big Bang' which regularly beat 'American Idol' in the half hour spot where they clashed. 'Rob!' and 'How To Be A Gentleman' both tried and failed - and cancelled.

By moving what has to be the last season of '2AAM' after 'Big Bang' that should be enough to drive the overall hourly rating up to take out 'Idol' which declined 30% in viewers alone last season. New judges on 'Idol' may cause a rebound but I doubt it will be enough to see off 2 of the top 3 scripted shows on TV.

I had covered this back in May but you would get bored of me picking up these things so many months in advance.
    What Is USA Network Up To? Update:Posted 10 Sept 2012
    Common Law Almost Certainly Cancelled By USA Network.

Fairly Legal barely made it past the first season and it is still a 'bubble' show in other words it could be cancelled 50/50 with the outlook leaning towards 'The glass is half empty' I'm afraid.
    We were still in the dark if 'Burn Notice' hbfan provided a great clue to its renewal.
    Originally Posted by hbfan
    RE:'Burn Notice'
    However, the producers have been in conversation with the city of Coconut Grove about extending the lease on the old convention center (Michael's building) for another year and have tentatively come to an agreement. That's a pretty good sign for season 7's chances.
    'Sons Of Anarchy's Season 5 Premiere 'Most Watched' Show In FX History
    The FX series, the most-watched in network history, hit a new record when it returned for the premiere of its fifth season on Tuesday night. The 10 p.m. broadcast pulled in 5.36 million viewers.
    Matt LeBlanc's 'Episodes' Renewed By Showtime For A Third Season.

Medical Drama 'Monday Mornings' To Premiere On TNT Early 2013

The list of Emmy Award Winners 2012 in the link below:
    27-09-2012
    The 'Mob Doctor' is as good as cancelled in my opinion. Give it a week or two more. 'Revolution' is top show in the 10pm hour.

'Partners' will join 'The Mob Doctor' if the viewer numbers fall any further over the coming weeks. Don't be surprised if it's moved to another slot in the near future.

'Major Crimes' Renewed By TNT For A Second Season

'Franklin & Bash' Renewed For A Third Season By TNT
    'Royal Pains' 'White Collar' and 'Covert Affairs' Renewed By USA Network

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

New Episodes On TV - Wednesday 2nd January 2013
    Yes I know all the shows have aired (toldya I was running behind), but this is for anyone who just wanted to see what was on tonight.

8.00pm
    WWE Main Event (01x14)ION
    Whitney (02x05)NBC

8.30pm
    Guys With Kids (01x11)NBC

9pm
    Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (14x10)NBC

10pm
    Chicago Fire (01x11)NBC
    American Horror Story (02x10)FX
    Hot In Cleveland (04x06)TV Land

10.30pm
    Happily Divorced (02x18)TV Land

Plus there are new eps of these late night chat shows. Jay Leno, David Letterman, & Jimmy Fallon.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

CBS will have new eps of hit shows this Thursday night whilst it appears the other networks will sit it out running repeats and specials.
    'American Idol' from Jan 16th needs to come in big to try and save FOX's season.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

'Haven' Season 3 finale episodes have been leaked!!
    There was a rumor that Itunes accidentally put the final 2 eps of Haven online. I wanted proof and it appears the eps have been leaked. Not the fake rubbish issued by EVOLVE. I've seen the screenshots and they look good to me. Please don't use the word 'down----ing' on this thread. Thanks.

Update: Both episodes are out there and even include the subtitles.
    MSD are the release group this time.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Elder Alarmed's Avatar Ireland
    Thanks
    I had never even heard of Continuum until today & the time travel aspect caught my eye. Started watching it & I am hooked!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Alarmed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

'Haven' Season 3 finale episodes have been leaked!!
    There was a rumor that Itunes accidentally put the final 2 eps of Haven online. I wanted proof and it appears the eps have been leaked. Not the fake rubbish issued by EVOLVE. I've seen the screenshots and they look good to me. Please don't use the word 'down----ing' on this thread. Thanks.

Update: Both episodes are out there and even include the subtitles.
    MSD are the release group this time.
    WOW what a blunder by iTunes.

Some people won't wait for the release of the final two then.

HE'S HERE!!!

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alarmed Click here to enlarge
    I had never even heard of Continuum until today & the time travel aspect caught my eye. Started watching it & I am hooked!
    It's a great show, gets better and better.

HE'S HERE!!!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to omaroo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

New Episodes On TV - Thursday 3rd January 2013
    Happy New Year!! All the networks apart from CBS are sitting it tonight out by running repeats and filler programming. Running new eps means 2 things,
    CBS will run 24 eps guaranteed for 'Big Bang', '2AAHM' & 'Elementary'. 23 for 'Persons' this season. They will finish their season a week or 2 earlier than the other networks as they did last season.

8.00pm
    The Big Bang Theory (06x12):CBS
    Impact Wrestling: Spike TV

8.30pm
    Two and a Half Men (10x12):CBS

9pm
    Person of Interest (02x11): CBS

10pm
    Elementary (01x11):CBS
    Bellator MMA 360 (01x01):Spike TV

11.00pm
    Bellator MMA 360 (01x02):Spike TV

Plus there are new eps of these late night chat shows. Jay Leno, David Letterman, & Jimmy Fallon.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mooky For This Useful Post:

Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast