Notices

Thread: internet download manager. Help

1. #1 internet download manager. Help 
    Thanks
    Can anyone help me sort this out please.

Set all the settings as in the tutorial and when trying to download from links it just gives this error box.

IDM CC Extension

cannot tranfer file download to download manager. Error
    0x80029C4A :o10:
    Last edited by sneaks; 15-09-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Retired Smod A6er's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

I presume you are using Firefox as after googling the error it comes back as
    IDM CC - Firefox add-on that allows you to integrate Internet Download Manager into Firefox.
    I have never used Firefox but reading between the lines it sounds as if there is a conflict between FF and IDM where both are trying to download the file.

If there is an option to turn off Firefox from controlling downloads then try that but make sure you have clicked Firefox intergration in the IDM settings for browsers.

Check out the FAQ at the IDM website
    This Content Is Available To Members Only. Please Register Here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig by MaQ.Thanks

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by A6er Click here to enlarge
    I presume you are using Firefox as after googling the error it comes back as

I have never used Firefox but reading between the lines it sounds as if there is a conflict between FF and IDM where both are trying to download the file.

If there is an option to turn off Firefox from controlling downloads then try that but make sure you have clicked Firefox intergration in the IDM settings for browsers.

Check out the FAQ at the IDM website
    Thanks for your rapid reply A6er. All above is done.

I first download internet download manager as a trial version from c-net on a 30 day trail before i joined rapidfind, when i became a rapidfind member i followed the instruction in your tutorial and it worked fine. Yesterday the trial ran out and i deleted it from my comp and reinstalled it from your link and again per the same instructions and this time it won't work. Could it be something to do with the trail version that ran out even tho i deleted it from my comp. Will i have to use another download maneger. :o10:

Thanks
    Just re-downloaded it and tried it without configering it and it seems to be working fine.

Valued Member Stoner's Avatar England
    Thanks

try using FDM (freedownloadmanager) it has many of the same features as IDM but it is open source I have been using it for 6 months now and it's fantastic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Files that I have uploaded which have the .7z extension please use 7Zip for the extraction.

Retired Smod A6er's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sneaks Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for your rapid reply A6er. All above is done.

I first download internet download manager as a trial version from c-net on a 30 day trail before i joined rapidfind, when i became a rapidfind member i followed the instruction in your tutorial and it worked fine. Yesterday the trial ran out and i deleted it from my comp and reinstalled it from your link and again per the same instructions and this time it won't work. Could it be something to do with the trail version that ran out even tho i deleted it from my comp. Will i have to use another download maneger. :o10:
    Even though you deleted the trial version from your computer, more than likely the registry still contains the info that it is a trial, so when you installed my version, if you didnt do the registry hack then IDM would not work as the trial is still in the registry.

Uninstall ALL versions of IDM, use Revo Uninstaller from here
    then run CCleaner from here
    Click on Registry Tab down left hand side and then Scan For Issues.
    Once completed then Fix Selected Issues

Then reinstall my version from here
    and following the instructions to the letter, Dont let it update itself, ever, or it will revert to trial version.

Hopefully thats it lol

Sig by MaQ.Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A6er For This Useful Post: