Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Rodgers new Celtic boss

Supreme Member wulliebhoy's Avatar Great-Britain
    Thanks

Yup snowy & a real possibility of 2nd place which even for a Tim it surprises me. I'd love you's to get 2nd as I had Rangers 2nd, Hearts 3rd & the Dons to be 4th. There was only 1 stonewaller not given. All in all we were not at our best & them poor souls can treat it as some kind of victory, god knows they deserve a pick ne up. As long as we learn from this for the cup game, 2 wins away from the treble which are rare occurrences.

Thanks

Click here to enlarge

Thanks

Well done to the champions, 6 in a row & counting. 25 points ahead with 8 matches to spare. What a campaign & i'm rightly proud of the Bhoys. The icing on the cake would be the treble so heres hoping. If we can keep this team together they can only get better.

Thanks

Brendan has just signed a 4 year contract which is truly highly exciting for us & must worry the rest of Scottish football. Celtic in recent years have had the boss on a 1 year rolling contract & that included Lenny, Strachan & Delia so to have Brendan on a 4 year contract speaks volumes on how highly we rate him. Contracts are there to be broken though but if he stays even another 2 years & we possibly will have 8 in a row then he might be persuaded to stay & try for the magic 10. Exciting times ahead I think & while we may not keep up this standard in Scotland every season I honestly think that we have it in us for at least another title or 2.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wulliebhoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Treble is on, Celtic 2 Rangers 0. Totally dominated the match from start to finish & Rangers offered little in response. I'm happy & what a season

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wulliebhoy For This Useful Post:

Bolt Elite snowy25's Avatar UK
    Thanks

I guess its up to us to try to put a break on that treble. I highly doubt we will but maybe this will be one game we do win this season against your lot. As I said I doubt it will be the case as I think at this point the gulf is still too large in terms of quality but finals are odd games from time to time. Maybe this will be one of those times. Congrats on reaching the final and let us hope for a good one and may the best team win.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to snowy25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Congratulations to Aberdeen on reaching the final too. Not a bad season for them, looks like 2nd place in the league & reaching both cup finals & thats with Rangers in the league too. They've certainly been consistent & surprised me. Your right finals can go either way, whoever is hungrier on the day but the chance of a treble doesn't come along very often & I think & hope that we'll be up for it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wulliebhoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

True any team with the chance of a treble will certainly be up for it and will go all out to get it. However the same applies to a team that can stop that happening and who want to spoil the party. So I expect both sides to go for it and hopefully even if we cannot stop you from winning the trophy and the treble we will perform better in this final. Good luck.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to snowy25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Same to you snowy, let's hope its a classic.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wulliebhoy For This Useful Post:

Advanced Member -El-'s Avatar Scotland
    Thanks

You lot deserved the win... we just never turned up at all. Pathetic showing.

And yes, I needed the day to calm down...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to -El- For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Fair do's El. My wife is a Gers fan & she was fuming yesterday, mainly at her own teams showing. From your points of view stopping the treble is obviously important but in matches like this all you want is a performance especially after getting the 1-1 at Celtic park, that gave the fans a bit of hope.

Thanks

Rangers 1 Celtic 5.

5 wins this season against them & a draw. Strangely enough Rangers played better today than they did last week yet the score was more. Don't be too down Gers fans & I'm not being patronising, Celtic at this stage are miles ahead of everyone in Scotland at the moment & are on course to do something special. I always knew that Celtic would step it up once Rangers were in the division, the fans demanded it. It really is hard to see how anyone can compete over a season as we have the money & can go up further if need be. Teams might win cups as there's no way we'll do the treble every year but I just can't see any team being able to go the distance with us in the league. I have dozens of Gers supporting friends & my Mrs is a Ger & to be honest I sympathise with you's. I really don't believe that Dave King is the right guy to take you forward. I know how you all despise Ashley but who else is there?

Thanks

Grrrr....

Sums it up perfectly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to -El- For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Full league season unbeaten, its never been done over a 38 game campaign. 106 points from a possible 114. What can you say to that? They go down in history now as the Invincibles. Scottish cup next week would be the icing on the cake but if not then I'm still well happy.

Thanks

Congratulations to the Bhoys on winning the treble. Hard fought match & full credit to Aberdeen for turning up but in the end what a season for Celtic going through the complete Scottish season league & cups unbeaten, a run of 47 matches. Well pleased & away to celebrate now.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wulliebhoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Congrats to Celtic and as hard as it is to say the better team did win. Aberdeen had multiple chances to go ahead after the equaliser but failed to do the bizzo. Celtic were equally guilty of missing guilt edged chances but ultimately the put away one and it won the game. I think both teams did all they could and it was a very good game to watch. I had fears Aberdeen would fall short due to their misses chances but then when Celtic missed so many chances too I thought maybe it was Aberdeen's day. That golden chance where the ball was played just slightly behind the attacker for Aberdeen came back to haunt them in the end.

However again congrats to Celtic for an extraordinary feat of a domestic treble unbeaten. The Lisbon Lions will always be the team to look up to but these lot are surely not far behind after what they have done.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowy25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks snowy, a good bit behind the lions but this team are special.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to wulliebhoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If Linfield get through their tie against that San Marino mob then they face Celtic in the next round. 11th or 12th July at Windsor park, return leg 18th or 19th at Celtic park. Celtic & Rangers fans I'm sure can already see the irony in this. To all others, Northern Ireland is a hostile place at the best of times but this is the marching season, bonfires on the 11th night & parades all over the Province on the 12th. Linfield are more aligned to Rangers & you just know that there will be riots. The PSNI have enough to deal with without this match on these dates. It's absolute madness but I doubt if Uefa would switch dates or allow the 1st leg to be at Celtic park. Of course Linfield might not qualify but to me this is mental.

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wulliebhoy Click here to enlarge
    If Linfield get through their tie against that San Marino mob then they face Celtic in the next round. 11th or 12th July at Windsor park, return leg 18th or 19th at Celtic park.
    It certainly is an interesting tie........ The police will definitely block the tie from happening on the 12th - no matter what. It's the 11th or ties will get reversed with Celtic being the home side first. Realistically it's the only two possibilities for this to go ahead tbh.
    C'mon Linfield. You can do it. Click here to enlarge

31. The Following User Says Thank You to -El- For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If Linfield get through its July 14th at Windsor. Both clubs have agreed & the PSNI seem happy enough too.

Thanks

Linfield 0 Celtic 2

Job done for this round & great to see Celtic fans in Windsor. Griffiths booking was a disgrace & I hope they overturn it.

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wulliebhoy Click here to enlarge
    Griffiths booking was a disgrace & I hope they overturn it.
    And I thought it was hilarious at the time. Sure it was a disgrace by the ref but yeah. I laughed when it happened. Click here to enlarge

35. The Following User Says Thank You to -El- For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Me too El if I'm honest but it was a disgrace. Having said that he needs to stop winding people up.

Thanks

Oh god.. Lol

Leigh Griffiths, Celtic & Linfield charged after Champions League qualifer

Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths has been charged with "provoking spectators" after he tied a scarf to the goal following Friday's 2-0 win at Linfield.

The first leg of the Champions League qualifier at Windsor Park in Belfast was marred by incidents.

Play was held up when a bottle was thrown at Griffiths and there was an attempted pitch invasion at full-time.

Linfield have been charged by Uefa with the "throwing of objects" and a "field invasion".

Scottish champions Celtic have also been charged with "improper conduct of the team" after they picked up more than five bookings.

One of the players booked was Griffiths, who was shown a yellow card by referee Alejandro Hernandez as he picked up a bottle that had been thrown at him while he was taking a corner.

Police with dogs were deployed at full-time to stop a pitch invasion.

European football's governing body Uefa will deal with the case on 20 July, the day after the return leg in Glasgow.

Celtic had decided not to take up an allocation of tickets for the game because of security concerns - but around 300 fans watched.

Speaking after the match, Celtic manager Brendan Rogers said: "Players go onto the field and it should be a safe environment for them. You want the passion from the stands to stay in there - but if you take that away from it, it was a good evening."

Police Scotland released a statement urging fans to remain "focused on the football" during the return leg.

Superintendent Craig Smith said a "robust policing plan" had been put in place following co-operation with the Police Service of Northern Ireland.

He added: "Anyone who is intent in causing disorder or hate crime can expect to be arrested by police."
    Source:

This Content Is Available To Members Only. Please Register Here

Thanks

That ref was a joke & Griffiths booking especially should be overturned. If they want to bring a separate charge for winding fair enough.