Thread: iptv

1. #1 iptv 
    VIP Member borospark's Avatar UK
    Thanks

Noticed the IPTV app on my LG tv, so did a litte research but it seems to be a bit of a tight knit community, can anybody whos using it point me in the right direction please

Junior Member Black Beard's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    I don't use IPTV myself because there is a fee. What you probably are seeking is a program called Kodi.
    This Content Is Available To Members Only. Please Register Here
    It runs on many platforms. Once you download and install Kodi, in order to watch any tv or movies, you have to find and install addon apps. You have to search for them and for install instructions. Youtube has many videos on installing Kodi and various addons. I will help you with your first choices: Exodus, Phoenix and Navi. It takes patience to deal with the high learning curve, but is well worth because you can cut the pay tv cord. I hope this is the info you are seeking.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Black Beard For This Useful Post:

VIP Member aaronmb's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

If you're download movies/shows from here, etc, I'd recommend putting them on a portable hard drive, then plugging it into the usb slot of the tv instead of using an app.

Thanks
    Hi,

You really have two choices, one is kodi for which Id recommend a box and the same for IPTV per se.

Kodi is a free programme with free add ons, but can be up and down, especially if you wish to watch tv. It's fantastic for films, tv series etc...recorded content being replayed, and will support brand new movies as well as old ones.

If you wish to view live tv with sport, then the choice you have is the legal v illegal. SKY and BT SPort offer IPTV services at a cost, alternately you can pick up an IPTV full tv service with ALL UK channels, TV and satellite, PPV, most european channels and all 3pm kick offs for a yearly cost of around 150 for a good service with NO interruptions.

Internet wise, 2meg is good for sd and 5meg onwards for HD content...just do a ping test and as long as its coming in at 60 or under on your laptop/pc you'll be fine.

Member john11's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    now with kodi 17.1 they have an add-on that you can stream movies and tv shows and dont have to download them to your box.

Junior Member Craze71's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    I use IPTV and its awesome, I paid 100 cdn for 1 year and it gives me 135 live english channels and then a few pages of sports channels on top of that. It also has movies and tv shows on demand which stream seamlessly without any issues. I have an android box with Kodi as well, its sitting in the corner collecting dust unplugged. Yes its free but the trouble you have to go through to get anything is ridiculous, once you find something you want to watch then you have to find a stream that has it, not all streams are fluid, I found that it would pause or stop depending on the stream. Free isnt worth the aggravation for me, I want something that works flawlessly or damn close to it, IPTV does that for me.

Thanks
    I find a streaming media box works well enough, especially if you are a person who likes to tinker. I had fire tv for awhile, but Amazon blocked so much. I spent a lot of time searching how to bypass these blocks and then doing it. About 8 months after I bought the fire tv, Amazon blocked all VPN connections. I returned it and got my money back.

Now I have Nvidia Shield. It is the best streaming vidio box.

I never used IPTV because I did not know of a reliable virus and trojan free services. I heard unfortunate rumors about IPTV and never pursued that resource.

VIP Member Wyandot's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

I tried an Amazon Fire TV box with stbemu. I liked it and it worked well but it wouldn't let me enter the pin for the adult channels. I rarely look at them anyway but I like to have the option so I installed KODI and use IPTV with it and it works great.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wyandot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Never got IPTV to work in Kodi. I don't remember why. It might have been because it charged fee, required registration or it plain didn't install or run.

How did you set it up? What repository did you use?

Thanks

Just had to enable Stalker PVR, add MAC address and URL of the IPTV service. It does cost $100 a year but you get all the premium movie channels and all the Pay-Per-Views. Good picture on premiums but last ppv was UK coverage of a boxing match and quality was SD at best.

Thanks
    Wyandot,

Love your avatar. Best one I've seen. What does it represent?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Beard For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Black Beard. It is the symbol of the Wyandotte Indian tribe an offshoot of the Huron Indians in Ohio.

Elder laserray's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

I use Nvidia Shield with Kodi, connected to my NAS. Exodus, and Alluc seem to be my favorite addons. Exodus has everything, Alluc has HD with surround sound.
    Just started the IPTV thing but find nothing much is on. Should be great for sports. I don't see iptv lasting for much longer. It's a love letter waiting to happen.
    I also use PLEX to stream to my remote devices, including my phone. Too bad my internet u/l speed is so slow.
    I also play with Amazon Fire TV, the stick was too slow.

Wyandot,
    Not being able to put the pin in must have been a drag :(

borospark,

Things to google, iptvguy, epiciptv

That should get you on your way.
    I would only pay in bitcoin, and use a throw away email to be safe.

I see iptv can give you 1000's of channel but only 100-150 are of any use to me. Some have no guide, which makes them useless.

Mod Note: Please CODE your links - we do not allow live links
    Last edited by the_geezer69; 13-04-2017 at 01:37 PM. Reason: coded links

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to laserray For This Useful Post: