Thread: Bose headphones spy on listeners: lawsuit

1. #1 Bose headphones spy on listeners: lawsuit 
    Elder stvnsprngr's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

Bose headphones spy on listeners: lawsuit

Bose Corp spies on its wireless headphone customers by using an app that tracks the music, podcasts and other audio they listen to, and violates their privacy rights by selling the information without permission, a lawsuit charged.

The complaint filed on Tuesday by Kyle Zak in federal court in Chicago seeks an injunction to stop Bose's "wholesale disregard" for the privacy of customers who download its free Bose Connect app from Apple Inc or Google Play stores to their smartphones.

"People should be uncomfortable with it," Christopher Dore, a lawyer representing Zak, said in an interview. "People put headphones on their head because they think it's private, but they can be giving out information they don't want to share."

Bose did not respond on Wednesday to requests for comment on the proposed class action case. The Framingham, Massachusetts-based company has said annual sales top $3.5 billion.

More:
    This Content Is Available To Members Only. Please Register Here
    I am a temporary biological event existing in an indifferent universe.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stvnsprngr For This Useful Post:

Devoted User UseMe's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

If true, that's really evil and disgusting. Just love that "internet of things".

Now I'm worried that my smart toilet might be spying on me. And I only just recently got the ransomware on it removed, thanks to information you provided in your techno thread on ransomware, @Steven.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to UseMe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I have some Bose wireless headphones. No idea why someone would feel the need to use their app unless they're clueless on how to pair bluetooth devices.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fargus For This Useful Post: