Thread: Looking for a software to download podcasts for Windows 10

1. #1 Looking for a software to download podcasts for Windows 10 
    Junior Member frebbius's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks
    I used to use Itunes to manage my podcasts, but since I no longer have an Ipod, I would like to find a simpler podcast software that does the same job as Itunes...what do you recommend? Thanks

Valued Member logophile612's Avatar Black-private
    Thanks

A couple of suggestions:

This Content Is Available To Members Only. Please Register Here
    Clementine isn’t designed just for listening to podcasts, it’s a full local media player with a music library and other features. Subscribing to a podcast in Clementine is as simple as clicking the Music menu, selecting Add Podcast, and then entering the podcast’s address or searching for it. The podcast will then appear on the Internet tab, where you can listen to it.

To access this feature, open VLC, click the View menu, and select Playlist. Click the Internet dropdown menu, hover over Podcasts, and click the + button. You’ll be able to subscribe to a podcast by copy-pasting its URL into the window. You can now double-click an episode in the right pane to play it.

VLC isn’t the most user-friendly option for listening to podcasts — there’s no integrated search feature and VLC can’t automatically download new episodes so they’re cached offline. VLC just streams the episodes when you start playing them. Still, if you’re looking for something lightweight and don’t mind the limitations, this is a very good option — especially considering you probably already have VLC installed.

MOD Note: Please code your links

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to logophile612 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great, thank you very much! I'm going to try it and I'll let you know...

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by logophile612 Click here to enlarge

Clementine isn’t designed just for listening to podcasts, it’s a full local media player with a music library and other features. Subscribing to a podcast in Clementine is as simple as clicking the Music menu, selecting Add Podcast, and then entering the podcast’s address or searching for it. The podcast will then appear on the Internet tab, where you can listen to it.
    I tried Clementine as you suggested...it does the job, but I like to download my podcasts on my old samsung mp3 player that has bookmarks so I can resume the episode I'm listening. So I need a software that like Itunes, has the ability to download automatically all the podcasts I subscribed to and to set the number of new episodes that has to be downloaded. I know that I'm looking for the impossible, but if such software is available I'll be happy to try it...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to frebbius For This Useful Post:

Elder davidjp's Avatar Ireland
    Thanks

What software are you using to sync from Windows to the Samsung player now? It might not be easy to find a podcast application that would do what you want to do - the syncing etc.

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by davidjp Click here to enlarge
    What software are you using to sync from Windows to the Samsung player now? It might not be easy to find a podcast application that would do what you want to do - the syncing etc.
    I don't use a sync application, I just delete the old folders that contain the old podcasts on the player and copy and paste (on the player) the new ones from the Itunes folders...I just need a software like Itunes that downloads the new podcasts when I click on "update" (on the options I generally select to download one or two episodes from the list of podcasts I subscribed to) and delete the old shows.

Elder geniemaster's Avatar United-States
    Thanks

How would MediaMonkey work for you?
    Here's what it says for podcast's....

"Download audio content using the integrated Podcatcher, or use the web downloader to download media files from any website.
    Define your subscription rules, and let MediaMonkey take care of downloading and syncing the content."

Please do not post my links in other forums. Thank You.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geniemaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by geniemaster Click here to enlarge
    How would MediaMonkey work for you?
    Here's what it says for podcast's....

"Download audio content using the integrated Podcatcher, or use the web downloader to download media files from any website.
    Define your subscription rules, and let MediaMonkey take care of downloading and syncing the content."

I've tried MediaMonkey and it's great! It does all I'm looking for...you are great! Thank you very much!