Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1433

Thread: NOTTINGHAM FOREST - A New Age?

Bolt Elite snowy25's Avatar UK
    Thanks

It is a mad stat considering especially they have been in the same league for a good few years. Normally you would look at something like that and expect it to be spread out over many years and the teams being in different leagues. So to be in the same league and have that stat is screwed up big time. I guess it goes to show that there really is a very short shelf life as a manager of certain clubs in Championship football.

I do think there is a possibility that by the time they play each other again at least one will be gone. I say that because I suspect that depending on when they play each other Rowett could well have been poached by a bigger club.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to snowy25 For This Useful Post:

VIP Member 4thDoctor's Avatar Great-Britain
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by -El- Click here to enlarge
    So... odds on there being a new manager for both teams for the next match between the two?

Say it ain't so. Click here to enlarge
    "I'm a Time Lord...I walk in eternity."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advanced Member -El-'s Avatar Scotland
    Thanks

Double post. Someone delete this please? Click here to enlarge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Shock horror... Gers players being linked left and right with Forest now that Mark is manager...

And the latest of them is Waghorn.

This Content Is Available To Members Only. Please Register Here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to -El- For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by snowy25 Click here to enlarge
    I found this interesting stat about Saturdays game between Derby and Forest. This is basically copied and pasted from a BBC page.

Saturday's Championship game between Nottingham Forest and Derby - which ended 2-2 - was the fifth successive match between the sides with both teams being led by different managers.

Quite incredible.

It was the fifth successive match between the two sides with BOTH teams being led by different managers.

So that's 10 new managers for two teams across five fixtures.

Rowett vs Warburton Mar 17
    McClaren vs Montanier Dec 16
    Wassall vs Williams Mar 16
    Clement vs Freedman Nov 15
    McClaren vs Pearce Jan 15.

LOL - It's no surprise to me Mate.

Don't forget I'm a Forest fan! Click here to enlarge

I've been complaining, and writing about our 'troubles' (the OWNER!) all along,
    and all those Managers that have come, and gone since.

Still, it is a shocking stat to see it in that Derby connection.

CHEERS! Click here to enlarge

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4thDoctor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Shock horror... Gers players being linked left and right with Forest now that Mark is manager...

And the latest of them is Waghorn.

I've always liked Rangers, but I don't follow them closely enough to know who all the good players
    are, so I don't know what to think?

If Warburton wants to raid his former club, I really don't know to expect?

What kind of class of player he's bringing in?

Rangers might be pleased to see some of their players go, all depending on who, what their wages
    are, and how much time they have on their contracts?

Surely Rangers will fight to keep their best?

Once again I don't follow Rangers close enough to know what kind of financial backing they have?

With Forest's tight-assed Owner, we've hardly had any money at all to spend the past 5 yrs the guy
    has been here.

So now Warburton is planning on raiding Rangers, but I really would've thought Rangers could
    easily match any offers the Forest Owner (Fawaz Al Hasawi) is planning?

If it's Al Hasawi on his own that is...

Of course the latest rumours are, that Al Hasawi has once again reestablished talks with Greek
    Olympiakos owner Evangelos Marinakis, and that the deal is going to get done for Marinakis
    to buy a share of the ownership at Forest.

This is very troubling to most of the Forest fans who don't want Marinakis at our club. He's had
    troubles in Greece for match-fixing(?), and has supposedly been tied to the Greek underworld(?)

Supposedly it was Marinakis that wanted Warburton - which none of the Forest fans have a problem with
    Warburton at all, but we wanted out current Owner Al Hasawi, to have the intelligence, and ambition to
    make an approach to Warburton himself, and not because Al Hasawi was actually promising to spend
    someone else's (Marinakis) money!

Right now this whole thing is one big mystery, as to why Warburton really came to Forest, and what
    it was that he was told, and promised?

Al Hasawi is NOT to be trusted, and if for some reasons talks with Marinakis broke down, I wouldn't be
    at all surprised if Warburton left us in the Summer, or sooner, as Al Hasawi alone won't want to dig into
    his own pockets to bring in much of anyone. Which is one of the biggest reasons why we have had so
    many Managers come, and go in the five years we've been under Al Hasawi's rule.

Yes, some Managers were sacked, but others chose to leave because of the broken promises, and many
    Managers that had been interviewed turned down the Forest job, because it was known what sort of
    person, and owner Al Hasawi was / is.

LOL Hell, some unemployed Managers, over the past several years during one of Forest's many Manager
    hunts, even ruled themselves out of the running for the City Ground, just as soon as they'd heard their
    names in connection with the job! Word had got around by then - Al Hasawi was a tight-ass.

When Forest Boss Philippe Montanier was sacked, I'd figured we'd be left with our two Caretaker Bosses
    until at least the end of the season, or Al Hasawi would quickly fill the vacancy with yet another unknown
    from the continent.

The whole Rangers thing - with us getting both Frank McParland, and then Warburton has been a huge
    surprise to me (more of a shock!). I mean I figured we would get Warburton, after we'd gotten McParland,
    but I'm really surprised that either of them would've wanted to come to Forest, after everything that's
    happened in the past 5 years since Al Hasawi has done his best to ruin the club.

The question(s) on my mind, and most every Forest supporter's minds...WHAT did Al Hasawi say to
    McParland? What did he promise him, and how did Al Hasawi lure Warburton in?

It has to be that Marinakis did all of that, as Al Hasawi is clueless, and has no balls.

Right now this all one big f*ckin mystery, and could still end on a sour note for Forest?

DOC

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4thDoctor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

AND ONE MORE THING...

HAPPY B'DAY MATE.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

BRIAN CLOUGH 21ST, MARCH 1935 - 20TH, SEPTEMBER, 2004

DOC

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4thDoctor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For many and not just Forest fans, the best manager England never had. He wasn't a yes man so he got nowhere near the role as it would have ruffled too many feathers. Sadly all these years later the FA is still the same and unless you tick the boxes that they want ticked you are never going to get the job.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to snowy25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This saga with Rangers and Forest about Mark Warburton is seriously getting interesting now with Dave King's possible threat...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -El- For This Useful Post:

VIP Member hixxstar's Avatar UK
    Thanks

Another well fought draw for Forest at Deepdale... Preston 1-1 Forest
    Although not a win .... Forest seem to have steadied the ship & picking up points, Good Luck for the remaining games Doc

18. The Following User Says Thank You to hixxstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hixxstar Click here to enlarge
    Another well fought draw for Forest at Deepdale... Preston 1-1 Forest
    Although not a win .... Forest seem to have steadied the ship & picking up points, Good Luck for the remaining games Doc

Cheers Mate! Click here to enlarge Same to you. Click here to enlarge

I'm still feeling we will (barely) survive the drop, and be around the Championship next year.

It's going to be very close, but we will hold on.

As for Preston, you guys are in striking distance of a Playoff spot, so all the best of luck to you
    in your playoff hunt.

DOC Click here to enlarge

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4thDoctor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A point is better than nothing and it at least keeps you out of the danger zone. Its looking like 2 teams are already down and so it is likely to come down to 4-5 teams avoiding being the third relegated side. I think now as long as Forest match Blackburn's results they are going to be alright. Even if they don't they can still be safe by matching Bristol's results. So although I don't want to jinx it I would say that its more than likely Forest will again be playing Championship football next season. Especially as Forest play Blackburn soon which could be the final nail in the coffin for Blackburn if Forest were to win.

There is still a possibility that we will end up playing you again next season after yesterdays amazing late win against Huddersfield. That lifts us 4 points from the drop zone and that could be enough, although its still dodgy with the games we have. Although being 4 points ahead is much better than 3 because it means even if another side picks up an additional win there is still 1 point difference. So in effect the sides below us have to have two better results than us. Its still close down there and its now one game at a time thinking for you and us I think.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to snowy25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by snowy25 Click here to enlarge
    A point is better than nothing and it at least keeps you out of the danger zone. Its looking like 2 teams are already down and so it is likely to come down to 4-5 teams avoiding being the third relegated side. I think now as long as Forest match Blackburn's results they are going to be alright. Even if they don't they can still be safe by matching Bristol's results. So although I don't want to jinx it I would say that its more than likely Forest will again be playing Championship football next season. Especially as Forest play Blackburn soon which could be the final nail in the coffin for Blackburn if Forest were to win.

There is still a possibility that we will end up playing you again next season after yesterdays amazing late win against Huddersfield. That lifts us 4 points from the drop zone and that could be enough, although its still dodgy with the games we have. Although being 4 points ahead is much better than 3 because it means even if another side picks up an additional win there is still 1 point difference. So in effect the sides below us have to have two better results than us. Its still close down there and its now one game at a time thinking for you and us I think.

Well Mate, I know you have to be relieved - it was a HUGE win for you.

On the road for Burton at 3rd placed Huddersfield Town, and you get 3 points,
    so congrats on that.

What did I tell you two weeks ago, before the international break! Click here to enlarge

I said that we'd probably end up leap frogging one another in the standings a few times
    before all was said, and done, and we have!

Though now it's not just one point, or a matter of goal difference as it was previously for
    Forest - Burton now have a two point advantage over us.

That will take the pressure off of your club.

As for Forest, I've said all along I've felt that we will survive. Barely, but we will.

I still believe it.

CHEERS! Click here to enlarge

24. The Following User Says Thank You to 4thDoctor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Burton have a tough run in though starting at Newcastle this Weds. They then have to face Villa, Ipswich, Birmingham and Leeds in the next four games after. It was a huge win against Huddersfield and it was great to score so late. Especially as points have been dropped with conceding late goals over the season. However I can't see them picking too many more points up over the next 5 games. Ipswich and Birmingham are the two important games as they are just above us and of course Forest. So if we can get a win against those it not only helps us but also you by dragging them down. It still extremely close down there and we both may be relying as much on other results as we are our own by the end of the season.

Whatever happens with Burton though its been an amazing season. Many expected us to be down by this point of the season and yet we are still in with a chance to stay in the league. It would be heartbreaking for the fans now to go down, even though many would have expected it at the start of the season. To be so close at this point to staying in, to go down would be crushing. So I hope the boys can give it one final push, get a win or two and that maybe good enough to survive. hopefully Forest will also do the same and we will get to play against each other next time around.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowy25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You know, I completely overlooked the Tuesday match we had this week...

Actually I knew we were to play Wolves, but forgot on the day itself, and only just remembered to
    have a look at the result...wish I hadn't of looked.

We LOST 1-0 to Wolves. Click here to enlarge

I was hoping for a much better result against a Wolves side that's not had the best of seasons, and
    hardly seems loaded with talented players (from what I've seen of them).

Also Mark Warburton came in, and took charge, and we've yet to get our first win with him, so it
    seemed (ahead of the match) the Wolves game was our chance to grab that first win for our new boss.

No such luck. Click here to enlarge

Still, we got lucky, as everyone around us also lost.

3rd placed Huddersfield Town is next up for us, and they've recently dropped points to bottom dweller
    clubs like us, so it's not as if it's an impossible task.

That, and Forest have beaten both Newcastle, and Brighton this season, so NO excuses lads.

DOC

28. The Following User Says Thank You to 4thDoctor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Its an odd one because on the negative a win would have given you a huge 3 points and given Forest some breathing room. The positive is that everyone else around them, including us, failed to get a result so it was not too damaging. So the plan still satnds for you and us and that is to match the teams below us. So far so good.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to snowy25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Great win for your boys today beating Huddersfield 2-0. I have to say I am not as surprised as some as Huddersfield seem to be feeling the pressure a little at that end of the table. Recent results, including losing to us, have meant they now seem likely to be in the play offs only. They have now lost 3 games to teams around the bottom end of the table. Teams they really should be beating although thankfully for both of our sides they haven't. A draw for us at home to Villa was not the best but after going behind its a point gained and it could be a massive point. We are now 5 points clear of Blackburn with only 5 games left.

If you win in the upcoming game against Blackburn that will help us out hugely. We have some tough games ahead and we maybe able to pick up points in 2 games, Brum and Ipswich but not likely in the other 3. So we may well be relying on other results as well. So hopefully you can get a win against Blackburn as that will certainly help our chances of survivial. It will also virtually guarantee your own survival.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to snowy25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Click here to enlargeNottingham Forest 2 - 0 Huddersfield Town Click here to enlarge

Tricky Trees drive The Terriers barking mad!

Match Review Courtesy of BBC SPORT - Nottinghamshire.

Huddersfield's automatic promotion hopes
    were dealt a further blow as Nottingham Forest
    gave manager Mark Warburton a fully-deserved first win.

Forest created a host of first-half chances and led when Ben Brereton squared for Eric Lichaj to tap in.

Town responded with Elias Kachunga steering a chance wide and Nahki Wells forcing Jordan Smith into two saves.

But Jamie Ward then pounced on Dean Whitehead's poor header to race through and beat Terriers keeper Danny Ward.

Forest had defeated both of Huddersfield's promotion rivals - Newcastle and Brighton - at the City Ground this season and, spearheaded by Brereton, could have won by more.

The 17-year-old hit the side-netting from an early counter-attack, and crossed for Jamie Ward whose point-blank header was kept out by Danny Ward's excellent save.

Town midfielder Jonathan Hogg also cleared Joe Worrall's header off the line and Zach Clough shot wide when well placed, while Forest's Ward forced his namesake into another good stop.

The Terriers had lost just twice in their 10 previous away league matches but after the opener it was Forest who provided the greater threat on the break, with Lichaj denied an unlikely double by Danny Ward's legs.

Huddersfield's third defeat in their last four matches left them 10 points behind second-placed Newcastle, who lost 2-1 at Sheffield Wednesday in Saturday's late kick-off, and 12 points adrift of Brighton with six games of the season to go.

Forest's first win in six league games, and only their second in 11, lifted them up a place to 19th, five points clear of the bottom three.

Nottingham Forest Boss Mark Warburton:

"It is all about Friday now. We will do everything to make sure we are prepared for Blackburn and the details are key. Now we focus on that.

"The players will see the quality there today and they will see that they get their rewards; they have to believe that if they do things right and work hard, they will get their rewards. We saw that today.

"We are delighted with three points, which are vital at this stage of the season. But I was also delighted with the quality of the performance. I thought we moved the ball well, we were brave, we created chances and in truth we should have been two or three up by half-time.

"We expected a reaction from them and there was one. We had to weather the storm. But we kept the ball and created chance after chance. It was a very pleasing performance against a quality unit."

Huddersfield Boss David Wagner:

"Today we did not perform and this was the biggest problem. We have to make sure we perform better. But we are human.

"We were second best, particularly in the first half. They surprised us with their set up. We were not expecting that.

"We were not able to make the right decisions, Forest had a three-man back line and were overloading the midfield. We were not able to catch them and close the gaps.

"We changed our formation at half-time and we were better. We had opportunities. But then we made a mistake - an unusual mistake - for the second goal.

"We left ourselves with a mountain to climb and we were not able to do it. We have six - and hopefully more - very important games still to play. We must move on quickly now."

So...wow! How important was this???!!! Very. In so many ways.

This match was important as we saw our newest hiring - Manager Mark Warburton earn his
    first win for his new club. Many Forest fans were excited at the prospect of Warburton joining our
    club, myself among them, and so I'm very excited not just for myself, and my club, but also our
    new gaffer.

That's two draws, one loss, and now one win under Mr. Warburton.

I keep saying in my heart, I have believed all season that we won't go down, but my head has
    reminded me that we are still in an awful lot of danger of doing just that.

Today's victory was a massive step towards safety for us. Every single point is massive.

Three points being as good as gold.

So, the win sees us back up in 19th Position in the League Table. Above our Burton Albion pals
    on goal difference only. We continue to leap frog one another as I said we would, a month, or so ago.

19th POSITION with an OVERALL RECORD of 12 WINS / 9 DRAWS / 20 LOSSES, and 45 POINTS.

Next up we play hosts to Blackburn Rovers.

Blackburn are currently 1 Win / 4 Draws / 3 Losses in their last eight League matches, and are in
    22nd Position in the League Table on 40 points. The 3 losses have come in their last three matches.

When we last met Blackburn - on October, 18th, it was the Rovers triumphant at Ewood Park.

So let us remember as we take the pitch!

So, that's Forest against Blackburn - at The City Ground, on Friday, April 14th with an afternoon
    kickoff of 3:00pm.

Let's hope the Rovers will be raving mad when we're done with 'em!

See ya then!

Click here to enlargeC'MON YOU REDS!!!Click here to enlarge

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4thDoctor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Nottingham Forest 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers Click here to enlarge

Last week we win - ON THE ROAD - to the third best team in the League.

This week we lost - AT HOME - to the third worst team in the League.

Can someone explain this to me? Please?!!! Click here to enlarge

Someone forgot to tell the players we were fighting for our Championship Division LIVES.

Thanks

After tonight's matches...

Click here to enlarge

Things are definitely interesting at the bottom end of the table, eh Doc? Click here to enlarge

37. The Following User Says Thank You to -El- For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Things are definitely interesting at the bottom end of the table, eh Doc? Click here to enlarge

Too bloody interesting...whatever happens, after this season...I'm gonna need therapy.

Click here to enlarge

39. #1372 IT WAS 28 YEARS AGO TODAY... 
    Thanks

It was 28 years ago today...

April 15th, 1989

Forest Fans Remember The Liverpool Victims...

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

You'll Never Walk Alone.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4thDoctor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No fan should ever attend a game and not return home. Every club feels the pain, and RIP the 96.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snowy25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 4thDoctor Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Nottingham Forest 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers Click here to enlarge

Last week we win - ON THE ROAD - to the third best team in the League.

This week we lost - AT HOME - to the third worst team in the League.

Can someone explain this to me? Please?!!! Click here to enlarge

Someone forgot to tell the players we were fighting for our Championship Division LIVES.

We beat Huddersfield at the City Ground m8!

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ieen Click here to enlarge
    We beat Huddersfield at the City Ground m8!

Ugh, yeah, I know. Click here to enlarge I mean I did report the actual result here on the same page!

(seven posts above this one) http://bolt.cd/board/showthread.php?...=1#post6355900

I was just pissed (and obviously distracted) at losing to the third worst team in the
    division, and making the point that we had just beaten the third best team in the
    division a week earlier.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Click here to enlarge

You're also welcome (anytime) to point out the outstanding job I've done the past 5
    years with the thread.

Click here to enlarge

Have a great weekend.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to 4thDoctor For This Useful Post: